Friday 19 October 2012

Local Authority flexibility

We have received our 1st question! I suspect we will not be able to answer every question in such depth, but as this is the first I have answered each part of it separately. Please keep sending us your questions and comments,
 

Jane McConnell 
(IPSEA Chief Executive and Mum of Freddie)



Q: With the changes - I hope I have got this right - it will essentially give the LA more flexibility, which worries me a lot.


IPSEA's answer: Yes,  this flexibility is being put forward as an advantage to parents.  Unfortunately in IPSEA's experience "flexibility" is currently often a codeword for delaying putting the appropriate provision to meet a child's needs in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. As soon as we have checked that it will make a helpful addition to our blog, it will be published.

IPSEA